Prepping Your Items:
Remember the last day to enter inventory into your consignor account is Friday, Aug.24 @ 11:59 pm (midnight)
- THE BETTER THEY LOOK–THE BETTER THEY SELL! Please take the time to freshly launder and press your clothing. Wrinkled clothing is a turnoff to buyers! More often than not, wrinkled poorly prepared items go back to the consignor unsold. Do not bring stained, torn, or out of date/style/season clothes. Those items will not be accepted at inspection. An excessive amt of such clothes may prevent you from future consigning.
- PLEASE HANG OUTFIT SETS WITH THE SAME SIZE PANTS AND SHIRTS …. NO 4T SHIRTS AND 3T PANTS TOGETHER. If an item fits large or small, please note that on tag. See the diagram below for detailed directions on placing tags on clothing.
- If you use a tagging gun! Be careful! Please only place in a seam or in the manufacturer tag. The underarm in the seam of a shirt, sweater, dress, etc is the best.
- The below images are the safe spots to use tagging gun barb and safety pin placement.
Tagging Gun Placement – Left Image; Safety Pin Placement – Right Image
Golden Consignor – Learn about our Golden Ticket Consignor Award
Please ote: Our Boutique Manager will accept some boutique brands with very small stains since they are play quality and desirable due to name brand. Those items will be marked by our staff in pink ink. Boutique brands with holes, tears and other imperfections will be rejected.
THE CONSIGNOR GOLDEN TICKET
- Please only bring your like-new shoes to consign.
- All shoes must be placed in Ziploc bags OR zip tied with cable ties, so we can hang them on our gridwall.
- Place a piece of masking tape and place on the bottom of your shoe with your consignor number in case they become separated.
- Pin the tag to a shoe lace or eyelet and then put both the tag and shoes inside the Ziploc bag. If you are using zip ties, hole punch the tag and attach.
- We will not accept shoes with scuffed toes or soiled, dirty soles.
- Bibs, bottles, blankets, crib sheets, socks, hair bows, tights, etc. should be placed in Ziploc bags. Write your consignor number on the plastic bag with a permanent marker. Secure the top with packing tape and pin your consignor tag to the bag.
- Blankets can also be folded & safety pinned together. Pin the tag to the outside fabric.
- To secure your tag even further, place a piece of packing tape over the safety pin on bag.
TOYS, FURNITURE AND EQUIPMENT:
- RECALLS: All toys must be checked with the Consumer Product and Safety Commission: http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls
- Please clean ALL TOYS, EQUIPMENT, AND FURNITURE thoroughly. A little elbow grease goes a long way. Dirty items will not be accepted.
- Toys sell very well, we sell 90% of our toys! Little Tykes, dollhouses, kitchen sets, wagons, ride on toys, battery operated jeeps and cars are very much in demand and a 100% seller if in good condition.
- Toys must have all parts securely attached and be in working condition w/ new batteries.
- Small parts must be bagged and attached to the main part very securely. If parts get separated it will not sell.
- Games should be taped closed.
- Puzzles, books, videos and small toys should be grouped accordingly and put in ziploc bags. Secure with clear packing tape and pin tag to the ziploc bag. If selling a single book, we recommend using blue painters tape to secure tags.
- It’s a good idea to write your consignor number on all attached ziploc bags with a permanent marker in case the tag comes off. If attached accessories fall off the item, your item will not sell.
- Puzzles are best sold by wrapping them in clear wrap to keep the pieces intact. Tape the top 1/2 of the tag to the
outside of the tag.
- LARGE ITEMS will need a Claim Ticket. These will be available for you at drop off. You will be required to put these on your large items. We will have a large item ‘Claim Tag station’ at drop off. Our staff members will be available to show you how to do fill out and attach these to your items. We consider an item as ‘large’ if it will not fit in a big blue IKEA bag.
- We only accept Pottery Barn, Serena and Lily, Caden Lane, Bellini, BeBe Chic, The Little Acorn, My Baby Sam, Little Bunny Blue, etc. Only boutique brands accepted. If you have a question about the bedding brands we accept Contact Us
- The best way to package bedding is in the original plastic bag with zipper.
- No crib bumpers. The AAP Recommends Against Crib Bumpers for SIDS Prevention
Why Do you Require Wire Hangers?
Wire hangers make a huge difference in the amount of space on our racks!
Click here: Wire Hanger Pickup Locations
- Regular adult hangers work on all size clothing! Please do not pin infant clothing to the hanger only. Put all clothes ON the hanger. Many dry cleaners will give them to you if you ask for their recycled ones.
- We purchase children’s juvenile sized wire hangers at cost every sale. They are suitable for clothing up to a 5. We will have hanger pickups available in Rock Hill, South Charlotte, Fort Mill, Indian Land and York. Consignors will be emailed when those are available for purchase. You can also purchase from Cleaner Supply, they offer free shipping. Go in with a few friends and purchase a box of 500 for $51.00.
- Pants/Skirts should be pinned to the angled TOP of the hanger so it doesn’t slide and bunch together. Some people like to create tabs out of tape and pin through those for extra security and to prevent sliding altogether. When hanging shorts, skirts or pants, the paper covered hangers are best. The paper keeps the item from sliding all over the hanger.
- Need wire hangers? We have them, contact us for a list of locations! Hangers will be available in Mid-July.
Double check your clothing items by using this 14-Point inspection guide.
- In style or classics
- Label/Brand (no Wal-mart or K-mart brands accepted – see also Fall 2018 Brands Not Accepted
- Overall condition: no fading, pilling
- Clean, no stains
- Hem intact
- Wear on edges
- Underarm stains
- Smell, animal hair, smoke
Big Ticket Items & Claim Forms
Enter your large items into your consignor inventory and print the tags. Please bring them with you to drop off. You will staple your “Barcode Tag” to the bottom of this claim ticket. Claim tickets are available to you at drop off. A member of our staff will help explain how to attach these to your large items when you drop off your items.
Claim Tickets are used so shoppers do not have to carry large items around while shopping. These items are placed in a special holding area. The shopper removes the bottom of the perforated ticket with barcode tag. After payment, the shopper can now go pick up their items at our holding area. We will match the numbers and make sure correct items are purchased with proof of payment.
You should ask yourself “what would I pay for this?”
DO NOT price with your emotions!!! Because of treasured memories that you have attached to an item, you will always believe your items are “worth” more than someone else purchasing them. Just remember – no one can buy your memories… you will have those forever.
Now, that doesn’t mean you should GIVE it away. But marking something just $1 or $2 lower could mean the difference between storing that oversize toy in the garage for another 6 months or not.
- Newborn and Infant clothes (up to size 2T) do NOT sell very easily, so price them accordingly if you don’t want to see them again… even “new with tags”. New mommies get so much of these sizes in gifts that unless it’s priced right, they don’t typically don’t need it. It’s more of a want.
- Sizes 2T and up have more wiggle room with pricing.
Remember the lower the price,
the more appealing to the buyer!
When pricing items you plan on donating, please allow them to go half-price, we would rather you get something for it than nothing at all.
#1. Printing your tags – Please purchase 65 lb. white card stock paper or heavier, you will use this for your tags. To Print: use an inkjet printer with a normal (not best quality) printout. The barcode needs to appear crisp and clear. Be sure your printer has been calibrated and set-up correctly. Note: you can save your tags as a pdf file and print them anywhere. Copy centers will also cut them for you for a minimal fee! A great option if you do not have a reliable printer.
Barcode Printing Tips
To ensure we are able to sell as many of your items as we can during peak times without making any errors or missing any items, it is very important that your tags are scannable.
Great features of our sale like nightly sales updates and quick check delivery are dependent on scannable barcodes.
The printed quality of your barcode is very important! Please print a page of 3 or 4 test tags to see how they look. Use a critical eye when checking the quality of the barcodes.
If your barcodes look like this, you are good to go.
If it looks like one of the barcodes below, realign your print cartridge and try again. Print tags using the NORMAL or DRAFT setting, not high quality – ink will be too dark!
If it looks like this, replace your ink cartridge and align the new one.