At the Upscale Weesale, we’re very picky about what we sell. Below are the items that we accept at our sale. Please be sure to read over our Items/Brands not accepted. Our customers know they will find mall quality and boutique store brands at The Upscale WeeSale at great prices! This attracts more shoppers – and more shoppers means more $$$’s for our Consignors!!
Clothing and Shoes
- Spring/Summer quality, fresh, clean clothes (no buttons missing, no stains, no holes, no out-of-date styles please.)
- Limit of 250 items – An outfit with 2 or more pieces priced together = 1 item
- Girls preemie to juniors 13. Boys Premie to size 20 or size 36 waist.
- Please see brand exclusions here
- Boutique clothing – see our list here. The brands on this list will be located in our “Boutique Section”
- Women’s name brand handbags and wallets.
- Dancewear accepted year round, bathing suits Spring Sale only, Halloween costumes Fall Sale only.
- Note – No clothing items will be accepted in ziploc bags!
Maternity Clothing and Accessories
- Maximum: 15 pieces or outfits of CURRENT STYLES and season. Nothing over 5 years old please!
- Maternity swimwear and jeans are accepted year round!
- Breast Pumps and accessories - Only FDA-cleared, hospital-grade pumps should be used by more than one person. With the exception of hospital-grade pumps, the FDA considers breast pumps single-use devices. That means that a breast pump should only be used by one woman because there is no way to guarantee the pump can be cleaned and disinfected between uses by different women. To read the FDA guidelines, that the Upscale WeeSale has chosen to enforce, please click: http://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/ProductsandMedicalProcedures/HomeHealthandConsumer/ConsumerProducts/BreastPumps/ucm061939.htm#4
- Shoes must be in like new, excellent condition.
- Tennis shoes must be in new condition.
- All shoes must be placed into plastic “ziploc” bags.
- If shoes are too big to fit in a gallon ziploc baggie, try to use zip ties or string to keep them together.
- We hang shoes on gridwall, so they must be hang-able!
Toys, Books, Games, and Videos.
- Toys – should be in good working order with all pieces and batteries if needed.
- No Stuffed Animals, beanie babies or Webkins.
- Trademarked stuffed animals that require batteries are OK. Elmo, Dora, Disney, etc…
- Board games, Electronic, Playstation, XBox, Game Cube, etc. rated E only
- Puzzles - should have all pieces! Nothing is worse than trying to finish a puzzle and you have 1 piece missing!
- DVD Videos – with cases only! Make sure the case and video match. We are no longer accepting VHS videos
- All and any Little Tykes equipment
- Bathtubs and bath rings
- Bikes, tricycles, and skates.
- Bottles (please sanitize!)
- Car seats – not over 4 years old
- Cribs (must adhere to new standards as of May 2011), bassinets, and cradles.
- Doorway jumpers
- High chairs, walkers, exersaucers, ets.
- Hooded Towels
- Infant Swings
- Nursery Decor – lamps, blankets, and crib sheets.
- Pack N’ Play’s, Playpen and port-a-cribs.
- Receiving Blankets
- Safety gates
- Sippy Cups
- Strollers and joggers
- Toddler beds and bunk beds
*NOTE – Please check recalls by looking at our Recalls page or calling 1-800-424-9398 or visit www.cpsc.gov
PLEASE CHECK ALL YOUR BABY ITEMS FOR RECALLS! Many items have been recalled!
PLEASE NOTE: Cribs have been subject to extensive recall lately. Therefore, no cribs will be accepted unless a Certificate of Compliance is provided by the Manufacturer or Retailer. Manufacturer Date must be visible and be after July 23, 2010.
A few notes about car seats
- PLEASE DO NOT BRING any car seat that has been in an accident or has ever been recalled. We are talking about children and their safety. Nothing is more important than the safety of the children in our community.
- Car seats absolutely cannot have missing parts!
- Car-seats cannot be more than four (4) years old (please check the expiration date on your car seat, printed on the bottom. If older than 4 years, we cannot sell it! I am aware of the 5 year expiration date, but I don’t think we should sell a car seat our customers cannot use for more than a year. Please print the expiration date of your car seat on your tag.
- After 4 to 5 years, the straps have weakened in strength and are not guaranteed to hold up in the event of a wreck
- Car-seats must be clean and without stains
- No frayed straps accepted. All Car Seats will be thoroughly inspected. If you have the sales receipt, please attach! All car seats have a 5 year expiration date, except Britax is 7 years.
- If you are selling a car seat, please print and attach the following checklist to your car seat - Click here to download the Used Car Seat Checklist
- Toddler Beds, Bassinets, dressers, changing tables, gliders, rocking chairs
- We cannot sell any crib manufactured BEFORE June 2011
**note: All bassinets and toddler beds will be required to be set up when you drop off your items as per CPSC law.