Remember our GOLDEN RULE…
If you wouldn’t buy it yourself, please keep it at home!
Only WIRE HANGERS will be accepted!
The wire hangers make a huge difference in the amount of space on our racks!
- You can use any hanger that has the same width as a wire hanger. For instance: pant hangers that are plastic on bottom and wire top are fine.
- Regular adult hangers work on all size clothing! Just place the hanger under the clothing. Most dry cleaners will give them to you if you ask for their recycled ones.
- When hanging shorts, skirts or pants, paper covered hangers are best. The paper keeps the item from sliding all over the hanger.
- We purchase children’s wire hangers at cost every sale. They are suitable for clothing up to a 4T. We will have hanger pickups available in Rock Hill, Charlotte, Fort Mill and York. We will send out an email to registered consignors when those are available to registered consignors. Hangers are available anytime at Kim’s home.
- Pants/Skirts should be pinned to the angled TOPS of hangers so it doesn’t slide and bunch together. Pant hangers with clips are always better. Some people like to create tabs out of tape and pin through those for extra security and to prevent sliding altogether. The caped hangers (have paper over them) also help with sliding.
Boutique children’s clothing
Your high dollar boutique name brands will be placed on the sales floor on a “special” boutique rack. This gives you the opportunity to get top dollar for your more expensive items. Your boutique items should be priced at 35% – 40% of actual price, if they are in excellent condition. Please separate your boutique clothing at drop off. These items will be sorted. Clothing placed in the boutique will be at our discretion. Only clothing bought in children boutique shops will be placed in the boutique section. Any items purchased in a department store most likely will not qualify. The only exception is Nordstrom Department store. Example: Carriage Boutique is not true boutique because it is from Belk or Macy’s.
** Please note – If you have designated a clothing item as boutique, it doesn’t automatically go into the boutique section. It will have to qualify as a true boutique brand. Additionally, if you don’t specify a boutique item and it is a boutique label, it will be placed in the boutique section! Click HERE for a list of boutique brands.
Spring/Summer clothing only! Clothing should be freshly cleaned, ironed, and on wire hangers!
Prepping Your Items
- THE BETTER THEY LOOK–THE BETTER THEY SELL! If you want your items to sell, please be sure that your clothes are freshly washed and ironed. IRON your clothing. You will be surprised how much newer they will look. Wrinkled clothing is a turnoff to buyers! We will not accept clothing that looks like it just came out of a garbage sack in your attic. No one will want to buy them!
- We only sell top quality items. Do not bring stained, torn, or out of date/style/season clothes. Those items will be pulled from the floor. An excessive amt of such clothes may prevent you from future consigning.
- The Maximum number of items is 250. Minimum is 20 or $100.00 in merchandise.
- PLEASE HANG OUTFIT SETS WITH THE SAME SIZE PANTS AND SHIRTS …. NO 4T SHIRTS AND 3T PANTS TOGETHER.Please be considerate of our shoppers. How would you feel if you brought home an outfit for your child and they were mixed sizes? If an item fits large or small, please note that on tag.
- Toys sell very well, especially large items like Little Tykes, dollhouses, kitchen sets, wagons, ride on toys, battery operated jeeps and cars, etc.
- Toys must have all parts securely attached and be in working condition w/ new batteries. A little elbow grease goes a long way. Do not bring dirty or beat up toys.
- No stuffed animals unless they require batteries!
- Read “Tagging” and follow instructions carefully. Any incorrectly tagged merchandise must be retagged by the consignor. WE CANNOT ACCEPT HANDWRITTEN INDEX CARDS – Only the barcode tags using our easy barcode online system will be accepted!
- See our FAQ’s for tips on packaging toys, shoes, and other items!
Before you bring your items in, please check the following:
- In style or classics
- Label/Brand (no Wal-mart or K-mart brands accepted – see also brand exclusions)
- Overall condition: no fading, pilling
- Clean, no stains
- Wear on edges
- Underarm stains
- Smell, animal hair, smoke